Twas three days before Christmas exactly one year (and a day) ago – December 23, 2011, that this random idea to start a Blog became a reality. I had no idea what it would be about but oh how it has evolved; from my photos to my artworks to my new life in another country … we went through it all!
I’ve seen and done some amazing things and I’m so glad I have them all here so that when I’m old and grey and my memories have fully faded – I can relive them all.
It with great pride and a bit of regret (because I am a day late) that I congratulate myself for being in a committed relationship with this Blog for a year. I know things have been pretty dormant around here but I thought I’d give my brain a break and just enjoy my holiday. It’s winding down though so I’m getting back into work mode …. now if only I can start waking up early again.
Saw this idea on SIRTILC42 and asked if I could use the idea of a year in wrap up so as promised here’s your shout out!!! Mad love to you! (I have much catching up to do on your blog :O)
- As of right now, I have 12,260 views with 12/12/12 being the day that I hit 12,000 views 😀 Yay!
- This is my 120th post 🙂
- I’ve probably changed my layout around 7 times … today included 😀
- July 2012 has been my most active month with 1858 views. Bless your heart summer – possibly the most exciting part of my year!
- Other than the home page, my most viewed post has been Shy followed by the post on St. Hilda’s 50th – which is quite interesting considering that I had for a short while removed it due to … you know what – let’s not get into the details.
- The top five countries who read my insanity (in order Since Feb 25 this year when they included this feature) are: Jamaica, United States, Canada, United Kingdom & Germany.
- Even got quite a few hits from people in Indonesia, Slovenia, Japan and Sweden among others too! Trinidad – with my biggest fan Don 🙂 Montserrat must be Linda hehehe
As I started picking my favourite posts I realized that the only reason I’d have blogged about it was because it was a great experience for me sooooooo this was really hard.
- Had a Christmas Disaster followed by a New Years Eve Miracle
- REkindled my relationship with Paint + Paper + Water
- …Then Experienced a Night on Stone Mountain in Atlanta Georgia
- Had my first taste of Fall
- Finished my first semester at SCAD – Getting Up to date…
- Had an awesome weekend with KeV n realized that in Savannah you’re Never short of things to see!
- Got more culturally acquainted with the Chinese at Festival of the Moon
- Took a gi-normous leap and started Grad school! Here’s to my Future….May it be Bright! and A-Z of my new place (Part 2)
- Finally got to port Royal – thanks KeV and oh – they were privateers, not pirates!
- ‘Bess’ believe I enjoyed that amazing South Coast trip with my awesome cousins, Dad, Whorms & Sylvie (be nice to her – she owns St. Bess.
- I fell in love … with more Jamaican scenery
- Made it my mission To get to Grand Gala
- Met KONSHENS at SUMFEST
- Surprised my lil sis and screamed …Till a voice says scream no more
- Drew some more cool stuff in Graphite!
- Celebrated Jamaica 50 – With St. Hilda’s Diocesan High School
- Had a fantastic birthday and tried to sum it up into SEVEN of many memorable moments
Seriously there were jut so many memorable moments!!! I’m having a hard time shutting up.
- Found a home with the Georgian Society of Jamaica – thanks to them I experienced so much this year! Was also featured on their blog a few times! THANK and miss you all. *Sniffle*
- Made a Bucket List – Before I ‘Kick the Bucket’ Let me not forget to ….
- Answered 22+ Random Questions (especially loved the comment from KeV and my response 🙂
- Diagnosed my phobia – Paging Dr. House…
- Shared some life lessons – Lessons from Driving Miss Daisy
- The craziest post was definitely Attack of the Quitos…A SLS Production
- Failed miserably at keeping my promise of cooking regularly and sharing the recipes – I cried because I Grated!
- Fooled people into thinking I went to Port Royal – Arr! Beware of Pirates … but later actually went!
- GAINED WEIGHT – no longer can Fat Ppl Envy me …
- Paid respects to a wonderful lecturer – Yes now! SPANISH TOWN!!!!
- Added my two cents to the Politrickitical debates in Green n Orange makes a Yucky Brown
survived Christmas Day! a year ago.
And I’m still here. Wondering what 2013 will bring!