*Where do I start with this one?*
It’s been bugging me for quite some time now. I’m just going to drop some random thoughts and take it from there:
- You have a girlfriend/fiance’/wife yet you want to ‘get involved’ with me? … What kind of man are you and more importantly, what kind of person does that make me?
- If you message/call me and I don’t respond, maybe I’m busy …. I’f months later I still haven’t responded …. obviously you need to take a hint! I’m not interested.
- No, you are NOT allowed to use the ‘I met you before her’ line. Why do so many people think that’s justified?
- Would you like it if someone did that to you?
I shant delve into much relationship advice lest I be chastized for not being able to hold down any of my own for long periods [mark you, I have my reasons] but I’m sure of this much:
- Love the one you’re with and stay true to them. If you can’t do that then stop wasting their time and ruining them for someone else in the long run.
- You can’t eat your cake and have it.
- It’s fine to be a little flirty. I seeming condoned it sometime in 2007. But there are limits.
- Trust is a fragile thing. Once broken it can never completely be restored. (You’ll just be fooling yourself)
- It is possible to forgive [however long that may take you] but no one ever really forgets….. that ish will certainly come back to haunt you.
- For every action there is a consequence….it might not catch up with you immediately but when it does – can you handle that?
So the next time you think of ‘hooking’ up with someone who is not your significant other … consider those points and if you still don’t see anything wrong with the equation then I believe you need some serious help!