Indeed it is a rare and auspicious moment when I venture into my ‘yard’. As weird as it sounds, I do this maybe 5 times each year. DWL as I type Mom is trying to get me outside… she just shouted excitedly ‘Look T, sun’s out!’ It’s quite ironic that I love nature and such scenes so much. Then again, my decision to not get out that much could mainly be because of the three or four (not sure) hairy fellas who live in the yard and make every effort to bark loudly at me every time they see me. Humphh.
So this post is about flowers 😀 and also how much I love capturing the ones around me. Of course it wouldn’t be complete without a little craziness on my part! (Namely my attempt to Zip-Line through my back yard … HA!) I tried my best to do some research (Pssshhh I yelled descriptions to my Mom and she yelled back what she thought I was talking about) in order to find out the names of most of them. Hmmn I captioned them but apparently you’d have to save them to see the names. I’ll just give a list:
- Trumpet Plant – It’s a very fragrant flowering shrub
- Plumbago – Resilient plant and is found in many home gardens. Love the colour!!!
- Bloom from a random weed that’s gone viral in the backyard
- Aster – Daisy-like in appearance – they’re member of the sunflower family and are found in a variety of colours
- Hibiscus – Good ol’ hibiscus (one of the hundreds of species!)
- Dahlia – Think this one’s a hybrid, there are about 36 species though
- Red Lily – (Ok I cheated …. typed it in google and landed on this site but the information was so interesting I thought I’d share a summarized version:
- The last one I’m really not sure of but I see orange, red and purple ones popping up all over the place. Really cute though.